― Advertisement ―

HomeNewsTragic Deaths of Mum and Teen Daughter in Burger Van

Tragic Deaths of Mum and Teen Daughter in Burger Van

Tragic Deaths of Mum and Teen Daughter in Burger Van

Tuesday morning, Leah Churchill and Brooke Wanstall were discovered dead in the Meat ‘N’ Greet Snack Wagon in Whitstable, Kent.

A mother and her adolescent daughter were discovered dead in a burger van, reportedly from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by the generator’s exhaust fumes.

Tuesday morning, Leah Churchill, 50, and Brooke Wanstall, 17, were discovered dead in the Meat ‘N’ Greet Snack Wagon in Whitstable, Kent.

Tyla Wanstall, son of Winston Churchill, expressed his devastation upon discovering the bodies of his mother and “beautiful baby sister,” who had been decorating the van as a 26th birthday surprise.

It is believed that they turned on the generator to stay warm while decorating the van.

Wanstall of Faversham, Kent, commented: “As a birthday surprise for me, they were decorating the interior of the van with balloons and bunting, just as my mother would do at home every year.

ALSO READ: Sam Smith’s BRITs Performance Sparks Outcry Over ‘Devil Worship’ and Snog

“I had no idea they were going there last night, but she must have started up the gasoline generator to stay warm without realizing the danger.”

Mr. Wanstall states that the generator is used outside the vehicle during working hours, but is kept inside overnight for security purposes.

He stated that he was surprised to see his mother’s car parked in front of the wagon when he arrived to begin work at 8 a.m.

“When I opened the van door and saw my mother and sister, I briefly believed they had fallen asleep,” he explained.

“I smelled fumes, but it didn’t register immediately, but it became evident that they were both dead.

“I called the police and the ambulance, but it was the firefighters who informed me that I was most likely suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

It’s heartbreaking to consider that they spent their final moments trying to make me smile.

Wanstall described his mother as “so generous and willing to do anything for anyone,” adding: “If permitted, she would take a homeless man off the street.”

He stated that his sister, who had recently graduated from Archbishop’s School in Canterbury with GCSEs, “had her whole life ahead of her” and was working as a caregiver.

Wanstall issued a warning regarding the risks associated with carbon monoxide poisoning.

He said: “Mum made a fatal error, and we will not allow this to occur to anyone else.

“Be mindful of this, people. Get a carbon monoxide alarm if you don’t have one. It is a significant killer.”

The family is planning a balloon release on Herne Bay beach in memory of the victims.

READ MORE:

MOST READ