Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Service
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    GOSSIP A - Z
    • Home
    • POLITICS
    • News
    • CELEB TRENDS
    • Health
    • Relationship
    • SPORTS
    GOSSIP A - Z
    Home ยป Somali President Vows Unyielding Al-Shabab Defeat
    News

    Somali President Vows Unyielding Al-Shabab Defeat

    ianBy ianAugust 30, 2023No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
    Follow Us
    Google News Flipboard Threads
    Somalia President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud
    Somalia President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Somali President Vows Unyielding Al-Shabab Defeat

    Hassan Sheikh Mohamud, president of Somalia, stated that military operations against al-Shabab will continue until final victory is achieved.

    He spoke on Tuesday, a day after government troops withdrew from several communities in response to Saturday’s deadly al-Shabab attack on soldiers in Cowsweyne village.

    “The conflict will persist regardless of which battlefield is lost or who spreads false information. “It will not cease, and we will not retreat from where we are,” he said. “We will attain the ultimate victory we desire.

    The significance lies in obtaining a decisive victory. A conclusive triumph is imminent.”
    He lauded the government soldiers who expelled the militants from vast areas since the offensive began last year, as well as the local combatants who participated in the operations and paid tribute to both groups.

    “Al-Shabab is weaker and smaller today,” he said. “We are more experienced, more numerous, better equipped, and more encouraged than the adversary, and we have a victory that they do not. The victory is within reach.”

    Mohamud refuted al-Shabab’s claim that 178 soldiers were slain in the attack on Cowsweyne. He stated that al-Shabab suffered the most casualties and buried their deceased in mass graves.

    “The correct information about Cowsweyne must be this conclusion,” he said, explaining that al-Shabab had lost 190 fighters and buried them in mass graves.

    “They have eliminated their own wounded because they lack hospitals and medicine,” he stated. “The army will reach those mass graves and investigate them.”

    ALSO READ: Decoding The Return Of Alshabaab In Lamu

    Both sides’ allegations of casualties have not been independently verified.
    Al-Shabab asserts a ‘historic victory

    Al-Shabab declared the attack on Cowsweyne to be a “historic victory.”

    As a consequence of the attack, government forces withdrew from four towns that al-Shabab claimed on Tuesday to have recaptured.

    Sharif Sheikh Ahmed, the former president of Somalia, demanded an investigation into the administration of military operations at the Cowsweyne frontline. He urged the defense subcommittee of the legislature to investigate the attack.

    In his remarks, Mohamud pledged to correct “mistakes” and assume responsibility.

    “It is time to recognize the valor of our soldiers and hold accountable those who have abused their responsibilities, committed treason, or undermined the army,” he said.

    He promised that any errors committed by soldiers, officers, or anyone else would be rectified.

    Al-Shabab official surrenders

    In the meantime, the Somali government on Tuesday displayed a mid-level al-Shabab official who surrendered to government forces near the Mudug region town of Wisil.

    Ahmed Moallim Fiqi, minister of interior, federal affairs, and reconciliation, identified the official as Nur Abdullahi Maalinguur, also referred to as Nur Deeq.

    Nur Deeq, according to Fiqi, was the leader of al-Shabab militias in the Mudug region and was embroiled in fierce fighting in the region.

    Fiqi stated that Nur Deeq used to make menacing phone calls to business communities, traditional elders, and other members of the community.

    According to Somali intelligence agencies, al-Shabab commanders contact businesses and other members of the community to solicit donations, extortions, and other contributions to their fight.

    “This surrender means that al-Shabab’s morale is low, and a thorn has been removed from Mudug,” wrote Fiqi on Facebook.

    Somali President Vows Unyielding Al-Shabab Defeat

    ALSHABAAB
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
    ian
    • Website

    Related Posts

    News

    Inside Job Exposed: Kenyan Prison Wardens Convicted for Orchestrating Daring Terrorist Escape

    January 13, 2026
    News

    โ€œTwo Drug Barons in Cabinet?โ€ Kenya Government Fires Back as Ex-Deputy President Sparks Explosive Drug Claims

    January 13, 2026
    News

    Kenyan Court Freezes Use of Private Lawyers by Government, Sparks Nationwide Legal Storm

    January 13, 2026
    News

    Donald Trump Accused of Rape in Newly Released Epstein Files; DOJ Calls Claims ‘Untrue and Sensationalist’

    December 24, 2025
    News

    Strange Deaths in Nairobiโ€™s Kilimani in 2025 Where Victims Fell Off High-Rise Buildings

    December 24, 2025
    News

    Tragic Night on Kenyan Roads: Former Chief Justiceโ€™s Campaign Team Involved in Accident

    December 24, 2025
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Service
    • About Us
    • Contact Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.