Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Service
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    GOSSIP A - Z
    • Home
    • POLITICS
    • News
    • CELEB TRENDS
    • Health
    • Relationship
    • SPORTS
    GOSSIP A - Z
    Home ยป Sacked KBC Boss Admits Making Multi-Billion Error In Payment Offer
    News

    Sacked KBC Boss Admits Making Multi-Billion Error In Payment Offer

    ianBy ianDecember 19, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
    Follow Us
    Google News Flipboard Threads
    Sacked KBC Boss Admits Making Multi-Billion Error In Payment Offer
    Sacked KBC Boss Admits Making Multi-Billion Error In Payment Offer
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Sacked KBC Boss Admits Making Multi-Billion Error In Payment Offer

    Samuel Maina, the sacked acting Managing Director (MD) of the state-owned Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC), now says he made an error in the offer to settle a long-running dispute with Channel 2 of Dubai.

    Maina, who was earlier on Tuesday sacked, says that the letter he sent out to London-based law firm Denton quoted the wrong currency of the settlement offer.

    The MD had apparently offered USD five billion (Ksh.769.5 billion) to Channel 2, instead of the Ksh.5 billion as instructed by the parent ministry.

    Maina has since offered an apology to the ministry, noting what he terms as a “grievous misrepresentation of the figure quoted, and withdrawn the letter with the USD figures”

    ALSO READ:

    • Inside Job Exposed: Kenyan Prison Wardens Convicted for Orchestrating Daring Terrorist Escape
    • Uganda Pulls the Plug: Nationwide Internet Blackout Ordered Days Before Crucial General Election
    • African Elections Under the Spotlight as Zambia Turns to Kenya Ahead of 2026 Vote
    • โ€œTwo Drug Barons in Cabinet?โ€ Kenya Government Fires Back as Ex-Deputy President Sparks Explosive Drug Claims
    • Kenyan Court Freezes Use of Private Lawyers by Government, Sparks Nationwide Legal Storm

    In a rejoinder on Tuesday, ICT CS Eliud Owalo ordered the termination of Maina’s contract and institution of disciplinary action against him “for committing the government of the republic of Kenya to pay Ksh.5 billion without seeking the concurrence of the Ministry, National Treasury and the office of the Attorney General and Department of Justice in total disregard of earlier instructions.”

    The communication from the CS is the latest in a series of correspondence between the Ministry, the Solicitor General, and the PS in the same ministry over the attempts to come to an out-of-court settlement with Channel 2 corporation, which had sued the state broadcaster for improperly terminating a contract entered between the two entities, where channel 2 was meant to have provided content for KBC Metro TV.

    Previous correspondence between the aforementioned parties indicates that the “government had agreed to offer Channel 2 a total of Ksh.5 billion as the final settlement.

    Sacked KBC Boss Admits Making Multi-Billion Error In Payment Offer

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
    ian
    • Website

    Related Posts

    News

    Inside Job Exposed: Kenyan Prison Wardens Convicted for Orchestrating Daring Terrorist Escape

    January 13, 2026
    News

    โ€œTwo Drug Barons in Cabinet?โ€ Kenya Government Fires Back as Ex-Deputy President Sparks Explosive Drug Claims

    January 13, 2026
    News

    Kenyan Court Freezes Use of Private Lawyers by Government, Sparks Nationwide Legal Storm

    January 13, 2026
    News

    Donald Trump Accused of Rape in Newly Released Epstein Files; DOJ Calls Claims ‘Untrue and Sensationalist’

    December 24, 2025
    News

    Strange Deaths in Nairobiโ€™s Kilimani in 2025 Where Victims Fell Off High-Rise Buildings

    December 24, 2025
    News

    Tragic Night on Kenyan Roads: Former Chief Justiceโ€™s Campaign Team Involved in Accident

    December 24, 2025
    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Service
    • About Us
    • Contact Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.