Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Service
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    GOSSIP A - Z
    • Home
    • POLITICS
    • News
    • CELEB TRENDS
    • Health
    • Relationship
    • SPORTS
    GOSSIP A - Z
    Home ยป Media Blocked from Worldcoin Inquiry Coverage
    News

    Media Blocked from Worldcoin Inquiry Coverage

    ianBy ianSeptember 4, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
    Follow Us
    Google News Flipboard Threads
    worldcoin registration in Kenya
    worldcoin registration in Kenya
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Media Blocked from Worldcoin Inquiry Coverage

    Journalists were Monday morning barred from covering the proceedings of the ongoing inquiry into the controversial Worldcoin.

    Director of Criminal Investigations (DCI) Mohamed Amin was scheduled to testify before the parliamentary Ad hoc committee.

    A communication from the Committee said Amin requested to have the session held behind closed doors as the probe into the matter was still active pending conclusion.

    โ€œHe has requested to have the meeting held in camera, we apologize for any inconvenience,โ€ a communication from the Committee read.

    The Committee chaired by Narok West Gabriel Tongoyo is seeking to establish the legal and regulatory compliance of the operations of Worldcoin and its subsidiary partners in Kenya and beyond.

    ALSO READ: WorldCoin Users Face Health Warning: CS Nakhumichaโ€™s Findings

    National Assembly speaker Moses Wetangula has given the committee 42 days to undertake the task before reporting back to the House with a report.

    Worldcoin owners are set to appear later in the day.

    Communications Authority of Kenya (CAK) Director General Ezra Chiloba who appeared Thursday last week told the MPs that a device- orb- used to scan peopleโ€™s eyeballs that was confiscated by DCI from the operators was in their custody.

    Chiloba said the forensic analysis on the device was ongoing with a report set to be released this week.

    DCI nabbed two officials said to be agents of the project in the country when the government announced its suspension.

    Others who have appeared before the Committee are Health Cabinet Secretary Susan Nakhumicha, Attorney General Justin Muturi, and officials from the National Computer and Cybercrime Coordination Committee (NC4).

    Media Blocked from Worldcoin Inquiry Coverage

    WORLDCOIN
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
    ian
    • Website

    Related Posts

    News

    Inside Job Exposed: Kenyan Prison Wardens Convicted for Orchestrating Daring Terrorist Escape

    January 13, 2026
    News

    โ€œTwo Drug Barons in Cabinet?โ€ Kenya Government Fires Back as Ex-Deputy President Sparks Explosive Drug Claims

    January 13, 2026
    News

    Kenyan Court Freezes Use of Private Lawyers by Government, Sparks Nationwide Legal Storm

    January 13, 2026
    News

    Donald Trump Accused of Rape in Newly Released Epstein Files; DOJ Calls Claims ‘Untrue and Sensationalist’

    December 24, 2025
    News

    Strange Deaths in Nairobiโ€™s Kilimani in 2025 Where Victims Fell Off High-Rise Buildings

    December 24, 2025
    News

    Tragic Night on Kenyan Roads: Former Chief Justiceโ€™s Campaign Team Involved in Accident

    December 24, 2025
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Service
    • About Us
    • Contact Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.