Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Service
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    GOSSIP A - Z
    • Home
    • POLITICS
    • News
    • CELEB TRENDS
    • Health
    • Relationship
    • SPORTS
    GOSSIP A - Z
    Home ยป Govt Demolishes Former Governor Wangamati’s Ksh500 Million Property Raising Legal and Political Questions
    News

    Govt Demolishes Former Governor Wangamati’s Ksh500 Million Property Raising Legal and Political Questions

    ianBy ianMay 5, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
    Follow Us
    Google News Flipboard Threads
    A collage of the before and after the demolition of a building in Bungoma County on April 4, 2024
    A collage of the before and after the demolition of a building in Bungoma County on April 4, 2024
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Govt Demolishes Former Governor Wangamati’s Ksh500 Million Property Raising Legal and Political Questions

    On Saturday, May 4, the Bungoma county government destroyed a Ksh500 million property in Kanduyi that belonged to the family of former Governor Wycliffe Wangamati.

    Besides the high-value property, another construction site owned by Wangamati’s family has been condemned and is set to be torn down.

    The demolished structure included a supermarket and other amenities, with the land being cleared for expanding the Masinde Muliro Stadium.

    The stadium, planned to seat 40,000 people, will host this year’s Madaraka Day celebrations on June 1.

    At the demolition site, the governor told the press that the government had other intentions. He mentioned that the government accused his father of land grabbing.

    “They gave us a notice in January, and we went to court which ordered a halt to the demolition. Recently, the court extended the injunction by six months, but it seems the county government changed its mind last night,” he said.

    ALSO READ:

    • Inside Job Exposed: Kenyan Prison Wardens Convicted for Orchestrating Daring Terrorist Escape
    • Uganda Pulls the Plug: Nationwide Internet Blackout Ordered Days Before Crucial General Election
    • African Elections Under the Spotlight as Zambia Turns to Kenya Ahead of 2026 Vote
    • โ€œTwo Drug Barons in Cabinet?โ€ Kenya Government Fires Back as Ex-Deputy President Sparks Explosive Drug Claims
    • Kenyan Court Freezes Use of Private Lawyers by Government, Sparks Nationwide Legal Storm

    He added that the case was set to be heard on June 8, 2024, and criticized the county government for not abiding by court orders.

    Wangamati claimed his father, a reputable worker, obtained the land legally through a lease in 1965.

    Following the demolition, young men in the area were seen collecting scrap metal as police supervised the scene.

    In April, there had been prior attempts to demolish the building against the court’s ruling, but Wangamati and local traders stopped the trucks.

    After the attempt, family members asked the county government to respect the court’s ruling, claiming it seemed to be a politically motivated move.

    “We’re not reckless enough to invest Ksh500 million in a building on land that isn’t ours. We rightfully own this land through a lease known to the county,” said the former governor’s brother, Michael Wangamati.

    Former Bungoma Governor Wycliffe Wafula Wangamati speaking at Makuma village, Maraka ward, Webuye East constituency on April 30, 2024

    Govt Demolishes Former Governor Wangamati’s Ksh500 Million Property Raising Legal and Political Questions

    BUNGOMA WYCLIFFE WANGAMATI
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
    ian
    • Website

    Related Posts

    News

    Inside Job Exposed: Kenyan Prison Wardens Convicted for Orchestrating Daring Terrorist Escape

    January 13, 2026
    News

    โ€œTwo Drug Barons in Cabinet?โ€ Kenya Government Fires Back as Ex-Deputy President Sparks Explosive Drug Claims

    January 13, 2026
    News

    Kenyan Court Freezes Use of Private Lawyers by Government, Sparks Nationwide Legal Storm

    January 13, 2026
    News

    Donald Trump Accused of Rape in Newly Released Epstein Files; DOJ Calls Claims ‘Untrue and Sensationalist’

    December 24, 2025
    News

    Strange Deaths in Nairobiโ€™s Kilimani in 2025 Where Victims Fell Off High-Rise Buildings

    December 24, 2025
    News

    Tragic Night on Kenyan Roads: Former Chief Justiceโ€™s Campaign Team Involved in Accident

    December 24, 2025
    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Service
    • About Us
    • Contact Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.