Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Service
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    GOSSIP A - Z
    • Home
    • POLITICS
    • News
    • CELEB TRENDS
    • Health
    • Relationship
    • SPORTS
    GOSSIP A - Z
    Home ยป Five tests but no results in Eregi Girls mystery illness
    News

    Five tests but no results in Eregi Girls mystery illness

    ianBy ianOctober 5, 2023No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
    Follow Us
    Google News Flipboard Threads
    Five tests but no results in Eregi Girls mystery illness
    Five tests but no results in Eregi Girls mystery illness
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Five tests but no results in Eregi Girls mystery illness

    The government has not identified any pathogen in the five tests it conducted on samples collected at Eregi Girls High School after close to 100 students fell ill on Monday, Health Cabinet Secretary Susan Nakhumicha has said.

     Ms Nakhumicha, who was addressing members of the National Assembly Public Investment Committee on Education and Governance, said more tests will be done to determine the illness.

     “We have been in contact with the Director of Public Health and, as of Tuesday, there were 95 girls hospitalized. By the end of today [yesterday], we anticipate having a comprehensive report. So far, five tests have been conducted, and no pathogens have been identified. However, additional samples have been sent to Kenya Medical Research Institute in Nairobi for further analysis,” said Ms Nakhumicha when asked about the issue. 

    She had appeared in Parliament over the ongoing tussle between Kenyatta University and Kenyatta University Teaching and Referral Hospital on the use of the hospital by medical students Infected students at Eregi Girls complained of painful knees, which they said made it difficult for them to stand or walk. 

    Education Cabinet Secretary Ezekiel Machogu, who appeared alongside Ms Nakhumicha, said students who were sent home will report to school on Monday.

    ย Meanwhile, at the school, the resumption of learning remained in doubt ahead of the national examinations after most parents went home with their daughters.ย 

    Students at Eregi Girls High School in Kakamega with their parents on October 3, 2023.

    Parents continued to throng the school to pick up their children yesterday even after Ministry of Education officials insisted that learning must go on. A desk was set up to receive and record parents who were willing to go with their daughters home.ย 

    ALSO READ:

    • Moses Kuria Blames Rigathi Gachagua for Cabinet Shake-up
    • Iโ€™m willing to advise if you want โ€“ Raila now tells Ruto
    • Kenyans To Get Govt Approval Before Selling Land

    They were issued with forms detailing the name, class, admission number, and reasons why the parent was taking the child away. Western Regional Director of Education Jared Obiero had ordered the headteacher, Ms Jackline Itubo, to ensure learning went on for the remaining three weeks. He asked parents to leave their children in school for close monitoring by health officials. 

    “Form Four students who are due to begin their Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) exams will remain in school,” said Mr Obiero.

    But a teacher said five Form Four candidates had accompanied their parents back home. Dr Steven Wandei, the director of Medical Services in Kakamega County, had also warned against parents taking their daughters home for fear of further spreading the disease. 

    “We have not established the nature of the disease that has affected these students. Taking them home could be risky because, if the disease is infectious, it is likely to wipe out the entire family,” warned Dr Wandei. 

    Ms. Pascaline Kithuka, a parent from Malaya, went home with her daughter, a Form Four student, claiming she was traumatized. “Her best friend is among the victims and she does not have peace. I decided to take her home so that I could talk to her and take her to church for counseling before she returns to sit for her final exams,” said Ms Kithuka. 

    Another parent, Mr. Paul Kibisu, said that, since a majority of the students were leaving the school, he had no reason to leave his daughter behind.ย 

    Five tests but no results in Eregi Girls mystery illness

    EDUCATION
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
    ian
    • Website

    Related Posts

    News

    Inside Job Exposed: Kenyan Prison Wardens Convicted for Orchestrating Daring Terrorist Escape

    January 13, 2026
    News

    โ€œTwo Drug Barons in Cabinet?โ€ Kenya Government Fires Back as Ex-Deputy President Sparks Explosive Drug Claims

    January 13, 2026
    News

    Kenyan Court Freezes Use of Private Lawyers by Government, Sparks Nationwide Legal Storm

    January 13, 2026
    News

    Donald Trump Accused of Rape in Newly Released Epstein Files; DOJ Calls Claims ‘Untrue and Sensationalist’

    December 24, 2025
    News

    Strange Deaths in Nairobiโ€™s Kilimani in 2025 Where Victims Fell Off High-Rise Buildings

    December 24, 2025
    News

    Tragic Night on Kenyan Roads: Former Chief Justiceโ€™s Campaign Team Involved in Accident

    December 24, 2025
    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Service
    • About Us
    • Contact Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.