Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Service
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    GOSSIP A - Z
    • Home
    • POLITICS
    • News
    • CELEB TRENDS
    • Health
    • Relationship
    • SPORTS
    GOSSIP A - Z
    Home ยป EACC orders 7 Uhuru-era Tourism Fund officials, 4 directors to surrender
    News

    EACC orders 7 Uhuru-era Tourism Fund officials, 4 directors to surrender

    ianBy ianDecember 22, 2023No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
    Follow Us
    Google News Flipboard Threads
    EACC CEO Twalib Mbarak
    EACC CEO Twalib Mbarak
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

    EACC orders 7 Uhuru-era Tourism Fund officials, 4 directors to surrender

    The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission has ordered 11 suspects who are yet to be arrested for overpayment of Sh8.5 billion for the Utalii College branch in Kilifi to surrender.

    They are to immediately report to EACC headquarters at the Integrity Centre.

    The suspects include seven Tourism fund officials who served in the era of Former President Uhuru Kenyatta and four directors of private companies linked to the payments.

    EACC chief executive officer Twalib Mbarak said the suspects can also report to the nearest EACC regional office for processing.

    โ€œThe Commission remains firmly focused on its mandate and will continue to enforce the law against all persons engaging in embezzlement of public funds and other forms of corruption,โ€ Mbarak said.

    The 11 suspects wanted are;

    Joseph Rotich Cherutoi (former Chief Executive Officer, Tourism Fund), Morris Njue (Director, Baseline Architects Limited), Dominic Motanya (Managing Director, Baseline Architects), Rebman Malala (Director, Ujenzi Consultant) and James Mwangi Wairagu (Director, Amitech Consulting Engineers).

    Others are; Eden Odhiambo (former Director, Strategy and Resources, Tourism Fund), Ruth Sande (former Standard Development Manager, Tourism Fund), Joseph Karanja Ndungu (former – Procurement Manager, Tourism Fund), George Muya Njoroge (former Senior Levey Inspector, Tourism Fund), Norah Mukuna (former acting Procurement Manager, Tourism Fund) and Nancy Siboe (former Head of Legal, Tourism Fund).

    EACC has so far arrested five out of 16 suspects who are to be charged with various offenses and economic crimes.

    ALSO READ:

    • Inside Job Exposed: Kenyan Prison Wardens Convicted for Orchestrating Daring Terrorist Escape
    • Uganda Pulls the Plug: Nationwide Internet Blackout Ordered Days Before Crucial General Election
    • African Elections Under the Spotlight as Zambia Turns to Kenya Ahead of 2026 Vote
    • โ€œTwo Drug Barons in Cabinet?โ€ Kenya Government Fires Back as Ex-Deputy President Sparks Explosive Drug Claims
    • Kenyan Court Freezes Use of Private Lawyers by Government, Sparks Nationwide Legal Storm

    The crimes relate to procurement fraud in the construction of the coast Branch of the Kenya Utalii College (renamed Ronald Ngala Utalii College) in Kilifi County.

    EACC noted that arrested persons who will be arraigned before the Anti-Corruption Court in Malindi, on December 22, 2023, include Najib Mohammed Balala (former Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Tourism), Leah Adda Gwiyo (former Principal Secretary, Ministry of Tourism), Joseph Odero (Managing Partner, West Consult Engineers), Allan Wafula Chenane (former Chief Executive Officer, Tourism Fund) and Flora Ngina Ngonze (former ICT Manager, Tourism Fund).

    Mbarak said the arrest comes after investigations undertaken by the Commission regarding the payment of Sh8.5 Billion by the Ministry of Tourism.

    The commission said Sh4 billion was fraudulently paid to a private company for consultancy services.

    He said iInvestigations established that the Cabinet in its memo signed by the Minister for Tourism on 22nd May 2007 and Minister for Finance on 20th August 2007, approved the construction of Utalii College in Vipingo at Sh1.95 billion.

    โ€œHowever, the project cost was later inflated by Ministry Officials to Sh10.4 billion against the approved cost,โ€ he added.

    He said EACC submitted the investigation report to the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) who upon independent review concurred with the recommendations of the Commission to charge the 16 persons suspects with various offenses.

    EACC orders 7 Uhuru-era Tourism Fund officials, 4 directors to surrender

    EACC
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
    ian
    • Website

    Related Posts

    News

    Inside Job Exposed: Kenyan Prison Wardens Convicted for Orchestrating Daring Terrorist Escape

    January 13, 2026
    News

    โ€œTwo Drug Barons in Cabinet?โ€ Kenya Government Fires Back as Ex-Deputy President Sparks Explosive Drug Claims

    January 13, 2026
    News

    Kenyan Court Freezes Use of Private Lawyers by Government, Sparks Nationwide Legal Storm

    January 13, 2026
    News

    Donald Trump Accused of Rape in Newly Released Epstein Files; DOJ Calls Claims ‘Untrue and Sensationalist’

    December 24, 2025
    News

    Strange Deaths in Nairobiโ€™s Kilimani in 2025 Where Victims Fell Off High-Rise Buildings

    December 24, 2025
    News

    Tragic Night on Kenyan Roads: Former Chief Justiceโ€™s Campaign Team Involved in Accident

    December 24, 2025
    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Service
    • About Us
    • Contact Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.