DP Gachagua Finally Breaks Silence on Impeachment Reports
Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua on Sunday, August 4, addressed reports that he would be impeached.
In a joint interview at his official residence in Karen, Gachagua said that he had heard the rumors but he didn’t take them seriously.
“I have heard the rumors of my impeachment. I am not worried, I don’t take it seriously. I heard they delayed because they didn’t have the numbers but now Raila will give them numbers, I will wait and see,” Gachagua stated.
ALSO READ:
- Inside Job Exposed: Kenyan Prison Wardens Convicted for Orchestrating Daring Terrorist Escape
- Uganda Pulls the Plug: Nationwide Internet Blackout Ordered Days Before Crucial General Election
- African Elections Under the Spotlight as Zambia Turns to Kenya Ahead of 2026 Vote
- โTwo Drug Barons in Cabinet?โ Kenya Government Fires Back as Ex-Deputy President Sparks Explosive Drug Claims
- Kenyan Court Freezes Use of Private Lawyers by Government, Sparks Nationwide Legal Storm
On the broad-based government formed by President William Ruto, the Deputy President said, “Ruto has brought people who did not vote for us into the cabinet. My main job was to ensure that slots that were meant for the Mt Kenya region were retained. He is my boss.”
Gachagua also said that the government cannot continue blaming former President Uhuru Kenyatta for the economy yet they had been in power for two years.
“Let President Uhuru Kenyatta and his family be respected. I have decided that I will be his defender moving forward. He did a lot for this country, and even after we shamed him, he came to Kasarani and handed over power in broad daylight. We had been saying he ruined the economy, but we have been in power for two years now. Let us tell Kenyans something different: look at the mess we have in Nairobi, yet Uhuru left it in a very good state under NMS,” remarked Gachagua.
DP Gachagua Finally Breaks Silence on Impeachment Reports
