Embakasi Residents Flee Homes in Droves Over Suspected Fresh Gas Leak
Embakasi residents have on Monday reported suspected gas leakage at the spot where a huge gas explosion occurred on Thursday, February 1, 2024.
Embakasi Police Commander Wesley Kimetto has told Gossipa2z that they received reports from members of the public that there was gas leakage from the site where an incident happened.ย
Kimetto says his initial assessment at the location does not ascertain that there is a gas leakage.ย
The police have now contacted Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA) officials who are on their way to the scene to confirm whether the place had an underground tank and check if it is leaking.ย
ALSO READ:
- Inside Job Exposed: Kenyan Prison Wardens Convicted for Orchestrating Daring Terrorist Escape
- Uganda Pulls the Plug: Nationwide Internet Blackout Ordered Days Before Crucial General Election
- African Elections Under the Spotlight as Zambia Turns to Kenya Ahead of 2026 Vote
- โTwo Drug Barons in Cabinet?โ Kenya Government Fires Back as Ex-Deputy President Sparks Explosive Drug Claims
- Kenyan Court Freezes Use of Private Lawyers by Government, Sparks Nationwide Legal Storm
Police also advised residents living near the site to move out of their houses.
The blast which occurred on Thursday has so far claimed 6 lives, with other casualties receiving treatment at various hospitals in the city.
Government Spokesperson Isaac Mwaura details that seven people are in critical condition at Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH) and Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital (KUTRRH).
KUTRRH has seen a total of 27 patients, with eight already discharged and 19 currently under care, including 10 males, six females, and three minors.
KNH received 67 patients from the incident, with six in critical condition, suffering from severe burns.
Embakasi Residents Flee Homes in Droves Over Suspected Fresh Gas Leak
