Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Service
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    GOSSIP A - Z
    • Home
    • POLITICS
    • News
    • CELEB TRENDS
    • Health
    • Relationship
    • SPORTS
    GOSSIP A - Z
    Home ยป Ksh 30B Edible Oil Fraud Rocks Government; EACC Targets High-Ranking Officials for Questioning
    News

    Ksh 30B Edible Oil Fraud Rocks Government; EACC Targets High-Ranking Officials for Questioning

    ianBy ianNovember 30, 2023No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
    Follow Us
    Google News Flipboard Threads
    EACC HEADQUARTERS
    EACC HEADQUARTERS
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Ksh 30B Edible Oil Fraud Rocks Government; EACC Targets High-Ranking Officials for Questioning

    Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission (EACC) now estimates that the amount of tax payerโ€™s money that has been embezzled in the edible oil scam could run into Ksh.30 billion, and not just the Ksh.16.5 billion currently being investigated.

    This as the Senate Committee on Trade and Investment lamented deliberate frustrations by officials both at the Kenya National Trading Corporation (KNTC) and its parent Trade ministry in its quest to probe the scam.

    Detectives both at the DCI and EACC are targeting senior government officials, believed to have had a hand in the multi-billion shilling plunder.

    EACC is currently in the process of forensically examining documents availed to the commission by the KNTC.

    The alleged embezzlement is believed to have taken place through the irregular award of tenders for supply and delivery of food commodities.

    โ€œWe are investigating to establish what happened, who was involved, and how much money was lost,โ€ said EACC CEO Twalib Mbarak.

    The commission added that it would go after private, public, and proxy companies in the multi-billion shilling scandal. It has so far questioned the procurement heads among other senior officers drawn from KNTC lined up for grilling.

    The Senate Committee On Trade and Investments who were on a fact-finding mission Thursday failed to make headway as those required to shed light on the multi-billion scandal were a no-show.

    The legislators now say that since answers were not forthcoming from government officials, they will resort to seeking explanations from suppliers involved in the contentious importation.

    โ€œWe will summon suppliers to this committeeโ€ฆthey should come with documents on what they supplied and how much they were paid,โ€ Kiambu Senator Karungu wa Thangโ€™wa said.

    ALSO READ:

    • Inside Job Exposed: Kenyan Prison Wardens Convicted for Orchestrating Daring Terrorist Escape
    • Uganda Pulls the Plug: Nationwide Internet Blackout Ordered Days Before Crucial General Election
    • African Elections Under the Spotlight as Zambia Turns to Kenya Ahead of 2026 Vote
    • โ€œTwo Drug Barons in Cabinet?โ€ Kenya Government Fires Back as Ex-Deputy President Sparks Explosive Drug Claims
    • Kenyan Court Freezes Use of Private Lawyers by Government, Sparks Nationwide Legal Storm

    โ€œThe entire management of KNTC is not hereโ€ฆwe are rescheduling this meeting again, and please note we are not just joking, we need time with you and we need seriousness.โ€

    However, documents filed before the Senate indicated that KNTC single-sourced the companies contracted to import some 125,000 metric tonnes of the edible oil and set higher prices as opposed to what had been initially agreed on.

    KNTC awarded Multi-Commerce FCZ a Ksh.8.12 billion tender to supply vegetable oil and Shehena Company Limited to supply jerrycans of edible oil at Ksh.1.33 billion.

    On its part, the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) facilitated the subsequent imports. The National Treasury later issued a circular indicating the quantities of edible oils to be imported.

    The consignment included 125,000 metric tonnes and jerricans, which meant that 6.9 million 20-litre jerricans were imported.

    However, three single administrative documents currently with the investigators each have different entries showing the discrepancies.

    Ksh 30B Edible Oil Fraud Rocks Government; EACC Targets High-Ranking Officials for Questioning

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
    ian
    • Website

    Related Posts

    News

    Inside Job Exposed: Kenyan Prison Wardens Convicted for Orchestrating Daring Terrorist Escape

    January 13, 2026
    News

    โ€œTwo Drug Barons in Cabinet?โ€ Kenya Government Fires Back as Ex-Deputy President Sparks Explosive Drug Claims

    January 13, 2026
    News

    Kenyan Court Freezes Use of Private Lawyers by Government, Sparks Nationwide Legal Storm

    January 13, 2026
    News

    Donald Trump Accused of Rape in Newly Released Epstein Files; DOJ Calls Claims ‘Untrue and Sensationalist’

    December 24, 2025
    News

    Strange Deaths in Nairobiโ€™s Kilimani in 2025 Where Victims Fell Off High-Rise Buildings

    December 24, 2025
    News

    Tragic Night on Kenyan Roads: Former Chief Justiceโ€™s Campaign Team Involved in Accident

    December 24, 2025
    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Service
    • About Us
    • Contact Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.