Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Service
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    GOSSIP A - Z
    • Home
    • POLITICS
    • News
    • CELEB TRENDS
    • Health
    • Relationship
    • SPORTS
    GOSSIP A - Z
    Home ยป NYS Season 1: Former senior officials acquitted in Sh791m scandal
    News

    NYS Season 1: Former senior officials acquitted in Sh791m scandal

    ianBy ianOctober 16, 2023No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
    Follow Us
    Google News Flipboard Threads
    NYS Season 1: Former senior officials acquitted in Sh791m scandal
    NYS Season 1: Former senior officials acquitted in Sh791m scandal
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

    NYS Season 1: Former senior officials acquitted in Sh791m scandal

    Former NYS Director General Nelson Githinji, ex-PS Peter Mangiti, and businessman Ben Gethi have been acquitted in the Sh791 million National Youth Service (NYS) scandal.

    Clearing the former senior civil servants in what was termed as โ€œNYS Season Oneโ€, Milimani chief magistrate Wendy Micheni said, on Monday evening, the prosecution failed to produce enough evidence linking them to the theft of hundreds of millions.

    Micheni said the offenses filed against the former senior NYS Officials would have been proven if the prosecution had presented electronic evidence in their bid to pin down the suspects.

    While acquitting the three who were charged alongside other former junior staffers of NYS, the magistrate said โ€œNo prima-facie case has been established against the suspects to warrant the court to put them on their defenseโ€.

    The magistrate who analyzed the entire evidence led by the prosecution witness outlining the roles played by each of the suspects said no direct evidence links them to the loss at the NYS.

    “Having failed to establish a prima facie case against the accused persons, I hereby acquit them for lack of evidence,” the magistrate ruled. 

    The Prosecution called more than 50 witnesses to testify in the case that was commenced against the suspects over six ago.

    The case has been heard by more than three magistrates including Chief Magistrate Francis Andayi.

    This is NYS season 1 and NYS season 2 is still pending in court.

    ALSO READ:

    • DCI Rescue Woman Abducted While Heading To JKIA
    • The Genesis Of Land Tussle Behind Athi River Demolitions
    • Israel Unveils โ€˜Barbaricโ€™ Images Of Hamas Attacks

    Mangiti, Githinji, and Gethi were charged alongside 23 other suspects who were also acquitted. However, five accused persons have been put on a defence. 

    In 2015, the accused persons denied the charges of conspiracy and theft of the money.

    Githinji, who stepped aside from his post at the NYS in November 2015, faced charges of attempting to cover up the fraud at the institution. 

    Together with former Planning Principal Secretary Peter Mangiti, Gethi, and Githinji were accused of attempting to induce Adan Harakhe, senior deputy director general in charge of administration at the NYS, not to follow up with the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) on a conspiracy to steal Sh695 million from the institution.

    Githinji and Mangiti had been charged alongside other NYS employees who were identified as those who not only conspired to defraud the institution of Sh695 but also stole Sh791 million.

    The accused had been out on bond.

    Besides the Sh791 million scam case. the accused are also charged in other NYS cases still pending at the Milimani law courts

    NYS Season 1: Former senior officials acquitted in Sh791m scandal

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
    ian
    • Website

    Related Posts

    News

    Inside Job Exposed: Kenyan Prison Wardens Convicted for Orchestrating Daring Terrorist Escape

    January 13, 2026
    News

    โ€œTwo Drug Barons in Cabinet?โ€ Kenya Government Fires Back as Ex-Deputy President Sparks Explosive Drug Claims

    January 13, 2026
    News

    Kenyan Court Freezes Use of Private Lawyers by Government, Sparks Nationwide Legal Storm

    January 13, 2026
    News

    Donald Trump Accused of Rape in Newly Released Epstein Files; DOJ Calls Claims ‘Untrue and Sensationalist’

    December 24, 2025
    News

    Strange Deaths in Nairobiโ€™s Kilimani in 2025 Where Victims Fell Off High-Rise Buildings

    December 24, 2025
    News

    Tragic Night on Kenyan Roads: Former Chief Justiceโ€™s Campaign Team Involved in Accident

    December 24, 2025
    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Service
    • About Us
    • Contact Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.