Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Service
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    GOSSIP A - Z
    • Home
    • POLITICS
    • News
    • CELEB TRENDS
    • Health
    • Relationship
    • SPORTS
    GOSSIP A - Z
    Home ยป Cabinet Cancels Ksh.6B Telkom Kenya Buyout Deal, Demands Refund
    News

    Cabinet Cancels Ksh.6B Telkom Kenya Buyout Deal, Demands Refund

    ianBy ianOctober 4, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
    Follow Us
    Google News Flipboard Threads
    Cabinet Cancels Ksh.6B Telkom Kenya Buyout Deal, Demands Refund
    Cabinet Cancels Ksh.6B Telkom Kenya Buyout Deal, Demands Refund
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Cabinet Cancels Ksh.6B Telkom Kenya Buyout Deal, Demands Refund

    The Cabinet has announced the cancellation of the government’s purchase of a 60 percent stake in Telkom Kenya, valued at slightly more than Ksh.6 billion.

    In a communiquรฉ to newsrooms following a meeting chaired by President William Ruto, the Cabinet stated that the government will now pursue a refund of the aforementioned sum from Jamhuri Holdings and Helios Investment Limited for the buyout deal.

    Cabinet rescinded the decision to purchase from Jamhuri/Helios sixty percent (60%) of Telkom Kenya’s ordinary shares to address the governance challenges posed by the nationalization of Telkom Kenya Limited in the run-up to last year’s General Election.

    “As a result of this Cabinet decision, Jamhuri/Helios will refund the Government of Kenya the amount paid as the takeover consideration.”

    It added: “The Cabinet’s decision allows Telkom Kenya to identify and welcome another strategic investor, pending receipt of regulatory approvals.” Cabinet’s intervention will increase Telkom Kenya’s operational capacity and make it a more competitive participant in the Kenyan telecommunications market.”

    ALSO READ:

    • EACC Spells Woes For Oparanya After Completing Investigations
    • How EACC Officer Forced 3 CEOs to Surrender Ksh 305M Property to Govt
    • โ€˜We Must Not Fail The People Of Haiti,โ€™ Ruto Says After UN Security Council Approves Kenya-Led Mission

    The investigation into the controversial acquisition of Telkom Kenya in March of this year took an unexpected turn when former Treasury Cabinet Secretary Ukur Yatani disclosed that the government was the company’s majority shareholder.

    Yatani, speaking when he appeared before the Parliamentary committee investigating the buyout, said that contrary to claims that the government paid and did not receive the shares from Helios Limited, all the transfer documents are at the National Treasury.

    He informed the joint committee, however, that the shareholding status had not been changed at the State law office at the time because the Telkom Kenya board that was supposed to initiate the changes had not been duly constituted.

    Yatani stated at the time that the payment had been approved following a meeting of the National Security Advisory Council, which wished for Telkom to be fully owned by the government as it manages critical security installations such as the President’s office, State House, the Defence headquarters, and the National Intelligence Service, in addition to operating the IFMIS portal.

    Cabinet Cancels Ksh.6B Telkom Kenya Buyout Deal, Demands Refund

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
    ian
    • Website

    Related Posts

    News

    Inside Job Exposed: Kenyan Prison Wardens Convicted for Orchestrating Daring Terrorist Escape

    January 13, 2026
    News

    โ€œTwo Drug Barons in Cabinet?โ€ Kenya Government Fires Back as Ex-Deputy President Sparks Explosive Drug Claims

    January 13, 2026
    News

    Kenyan Court Freezes Use of Private Lawyers by Government, Sparks Nationwide Legal Storm

    January 13, 2026
    News

    Donald Trump Accused of Rape in Newly Released Epstein Files; DOJ Calls Claims ‘Untrue and Sensationalist’

    December 24, 2025
    News

    Strange Deaths in Nairobiโ€™s Kilimani in 2025 Where Victims Fell Off High-Rise Buildings

    December 24, 2025
    News

    Tragic Night on Kenyan Roads: Former Chief Justiceโ€™s Campaign Team Involved in Accident

    December 24, 2025
    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Service
    • About Us
    • Contact Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.